Assessment at CCD
Common Questions Regarding Assessment
Why do we engage in assessment?
- It increases awareness of what students are learning.
- It provides a framework for faculty discussions of course and program design.
- It is a systematic method for departmental sequencing, planning, and improvements.
- It makes learning intentional by explicitly stating expectations for learning.
What is assessment?
Assessment focuses on analyzing student learning to determine whether students have acquired the skills, knowledge, and competencies associated with their program of study.
What tools do we have at CCD to assist with assessment?
How do we know assessment works?
- Please read our most current copy of our annual assessment report. (Coming Soon!)
How do I get more involved?
Every year, CCD presents a day where we provide a summary of our current assessment activities, and engage in professional development to improve our assessment practices. This is a highly informative event with participants from both faculty and staff. Please join us as we continue our assessment journey.
Every instructional program at CCD engages in continuous improvement based on the outcomes of our assessment of student learning. Coming soon on February 10, 2017, we'll provide the latest assessment plan and assessment report from each of our programs below, and see how we are improving the student experience.
- Associate of Arts
- Associate of Science
- Associate of general studies
- Bachelor of Applied Science – Dental Hygiene
- Applied Technology
- Architectural Technologies
- Business Technology
- Computed Tomography
- Computer Information Systems
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Hygiene
- Early Childhood Education
- Engineering Graphics
- English as a Second Language
- Human Services
CAS (Council for Advancement of Standards) Assessments
Student learning is a college-wide affair. These reports are provided from our enrollment services division every three years. They align with the Council for Advancement of Standards assessment model and are reported based on the schedule below.
CAS Standards Self-Evaluations Schedule
|Financial Aid||Fall||Due 6/30/18|
|Admissions (ARO)||7/1/2015||Due 6/30/18|
|Orientation (ARO)||7/1/2015||Due 6/30/18|
|Veterans (ARO)||10/1/2015||Due 6/30/19|
|Registrar (ORR)||10/1/2015||Due 6/30/19|
|International Admissions (ARO)||7/1/2015||Due 6/30/18|
|Student Development & Retention|
|Academic Advising/Resource Center||Postponed||Due|
|Testing Center||7/31/2015||Due 6/30/18|
|Accessibility Center||3/1/2016||Due 6/30/19|
|Student Conduct||12/1/2014||Due 6/30/18|
|Student Activities||12/1/2014||Due 6/30/18|
|Student Events||12/1/2014||Due 6/30/18|
|Career Development Center||3/1/2012||Due|
|Human Services||12/1/2014||Due 6/30/18|
|Transfer Success Center||7/31/2015||Due 6/30/19|