Equal Opportunity at CCD
What Is Equal Opportunity?
Community College of Denver (CCD) is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer / organization. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex / gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, or sexual orientation in its employment practices and educational programs and activities.
- Individuals with limited English proficiency interested in career and technical education programs will be assessed and offered options to support their participation in CCD programs.
- CCD subscribes to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any educational program or activity receiving federal funds, as well as to Title IV of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that prohibits discrimination based on race, color, or national origin in any program or activity receiving federal funds.
Who Do I Contact for Information & Help?
For additional information about our nondiscrimination policy or the grievance procedures, please contact the Title IX and Equal Opportunity Coordinator directly who oversees all discrimination and harassment complaints made by employees and students.
Human Resource Department
Administration Building, Suite 310
Patty Davies, Director of Human Resources & Title IX Coordinator/Civil Rights Investigator
What does the Title IX/EO Coordinator Do?
College Procedure: The Title IX and EO Coordinator oversees all civil rights complaints for both employees and students. The Title IX Coordinator oversees sexual misconduct, when students are complainants and/or respondents. Title IX Coordinator’s responsibilities include, but need not be limited to:
- Contact for government inquiries
- Point person for all civil rights complaints involving a student as complainant and/or respondent
- Creator and implementer of appropriate procedures
- Assurance of First Amendment protection
- Prevention and remediation of stalking
- Prevention and remediation of intimate partner and relationship violence
- Prevention and remediation of bullying and cyberbullying
- Oversight and coordination of prompt and equitable grievance procedures
- Coordinator of the interaction of multiple student and employee grievance processes
- Supervisor of investigations
- Compliance auditor
Trainer or convener of broad training requirements for CCD employees, boards, investigators, and appeals officers.