Achieve your Education & Career Goals!
Career Pathways for FSI Students
When you enroll in our classes, CCD's Foundational Skills Institute offers career pathways services to help you plan for a sustainable future. Along with your classes to get ready for the GED® or HiSET® exams, we help you learn essential skills to qualify for great jobs and to succeed in higher education.
- Discover college and community resources to help you meet life's challenges.
- Get help choosing a career or help planning for the one you've already selected.
- Learn about educational or training requirements and core skills for your dream job.
- Apply what you learn in class to specific requirements for a successful career.
- Explore options for college, certifications, training programs, apprenticeships, and more.
- Enroll in one of our BRIDGE programs to make a plan and get started.
Accelerated Bridge Services
- Set up your individual career & academic plan.
- Confirm your education and/or training selection.
- Set a timeline and strategy to complete the requirements.
- Apply for scholarships and grants or enroll in free programs.
- Prepare for success; balance your life/work/school responsibilities.
- Prepare for employment with the right skills while you study.
- Get help finding work in your career pathway.
- FSI/CCD college co-enrollment option (special requirements).
Accelerated Bridge Requirements
Students must be enrolled in Foundational Skills Institute (FSI) classes and:
- Select a college or training program
- Maintain excellent attendance in Level D or Level E classes/Learning Lab
- Submit a completed Instructor Bridge Program Referral form
- Prepare a Bridge Portfolio (details provided in class)
- Be able to earn a high school equivalency diploma in 4-6 months (HSE students)
- OR achieve college-level scores on the CCD ESL placement test (ESL students)
- CCD CO-ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS:
All of the above, plus you must have passed 50%+ of official HSE tests at the college level, be prepared to pass remaining tests in 2-4 months, and qualify for financial aid through 'Ability to Benefit.'
Accelerated Bridge Options
After completing Accelerated requirements, FSI students may select from the following:
- Bridge to Higher Education
- Your goal is higher education in a liberal arts or STEM field
- You do not plan to work while in college, or you have made a plan with your current employer
- You are not interested in a short high-demand certificate for immediate employment
- Bridge to a Certificate or Certification*
- You want to get a certificate to launch a sustainable career (see Supported Certificates)
- Or, your goal is to earn a certificate, start work in your career
- You want to start work in your career path as soon as you can qualify
- You want to learn essential skills for success in your career
- *Many certificates are stackable. College certificates usually include college credits toward a related degree. You can continue with your education to earn a college degree or advanced certification while you get experience and build your resume.
- Bridge to College ESL
- You have a diploma, certificate, or degree from outside the United States
- You want to enroll in a college program at CCD
- All Accelerated services are included in the program fee
- Many training programs are available at no cost
- Students planning to attend college usually qualify for scholarships and grants
- Funding options are available through workforce resources for many training programs
Visit the Foundational Skills Institute on the 4th floor of the Confluence Building.
For immediate assistance:
- Marsea Wynne, 303.352.3151