Scholarships for CCD Transfer Students
The scholarships on this page are specifically geared to help students who are applying and transferring to a four-year college or university.
The Reisher Scholars Program is a scholarship for goal-oriented students who are committed to leadership and service. Find scholarships ranging from $4,000 to $11,000 per year! Join a cohort of promising students in Colorado and complete your degree on-time with minimal educational debt.
This program is rewarding hardworking students like you midway through your journey so you can easily transfer to one of the following schools:
- Colorado Mesa University
- Colorado State University
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- University of Colorado - Denver
- University of Colorado - Colorado Springs
- University of Northern Colorado
In order to apply, you must meet all three of the following requirements:
- Colorado resident with financial need
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Full-time student
To apply, visit your school of choice and follow their application instructions. You may also stop by during our Scholarship Walk-In Hours for application assistance!
The Excelsior Scholarship Fund was created to help bridge the financial gap for college-bound students who come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds yet excel academically. This opportunity specifically looks to support you as you transition from CCD and transfer to a four-year institution (public or private) or those who will be studying at a vocational/technical school in the fall semester.
Scholarships of varying amounts will be awarded once each year through a competitive process. Award amounts can be up to $5,000 per year for four-year institutions and up to $4,500 per year for vocational/technical schools. These awards are based on the strength of your application and your unmet financial need. Awards can be used for the following expenses (depending on where you attend school):
- Four-year Institutions: Tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies, and health insurance
- Vocational/Technical Schools: Tuition, fees, books, and supplies
Students who meet ALL of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Must be currently enrolled at a two-year community college or attending a vocational/technical school in Colorado
- Must be a resident of Colorado
- Must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Will be enrolling at an accredited four-year college/university (public or private) in the upcoming academic year or continuing study in a technical skill training program at an accredited or recognized institution and earning a certificate/certification or a professional license.
Scholarships will be awarded once each year through a competitive process based on your potential to succeed in college, as well as your financial need, academic achievement, and commitment to community and civic involvement.
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to your school. Awards must be used for the school year. You may be able to reapply for this scholarship and be awarded provided you meet all renewal eligibility criteria and funding is available. You may be eligible to receive funds for up to five years maximum.
The deadline for application is April 2, 2018.
- Visit The Denver Foundation website.
- Click on the gray "Sign up" button at the top right of the page.
- Enter your email and unique password.
- Click sign up.
- Click the link in your confirmation email to sign up.
- Complete the scholarship application and upload the required documents.
Scholarship Walk-In Hours
Scholarship Walk-In Hours | Every Wednesday in Confluence Building, Room 118
- Application and Search Help | 12:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Essay Help | 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.