First Year Experience Program
The First Year Experience (FYE) Program was specifically designed to help you transition into and complete your first year at CCD with ease and success.
After you register for the AAA 109 (Advancing Academic Achievements) during your first semester of college at CCD, you will be able to join the FYE program. This course will not only connect you with the FYE program, but it will help you with your adjustment to college in areas such as time management, study skills, test-taking skills and so much more!
While in FYE, you have access to someone who will walk you through difficult processes like filing for financial aid, degree planning, registering for classes, and understanding the transfer process. We will also help to connect you with other programs the College offers.
For more information, please call our office at 303.352.6964 or visit the Academic Advising & Student Success Center in the Cherry Creek Building, room 141.
- Educational Counseling, Support, & Advocacy
- Career Exploration
- Academic Advising, Course Selection & Registration
- Create a Class-by-Class Guide to Earning Your Degree/Certificate
- Assistance with Completing the FAFSA
- Help with Completing Any Missing Documents
- Scholarship Search Assistance
We'll Connect You to College-Wide Services & Programs
Career Guidance & Exploration Counseling
Learning Community Courses
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Must be new to college (or have a five-year minimum lapse since you have attended college)
- Register for AAA 109
- Must attend at least one Success Workshop per semester
- Must stay in contact with your assigned FYE Retention Specialist, Jerry Darnell at least once per month
- You will stay enrolled throughout your first year at CCD. After your first year, we will link you to your advisor for academic advising each semester.