PearsonVue & High School Equivalency (GED) Tests
Scheduling & Other Helpful Information
The CCD Testing Center is a PearsonVUE Authorized Test Center. PearsonVue delivers exams for many different certifications, select professional licensure exams, and the GED.
What is the Pearson Vue?
Please contact your test sponsor and visit the PearsonVue website for more information on scheduling, costs, formats, and other helpful information. Policies may differ by exam. A valid government-issued photo ID and a secondary ID is required.
Proctor Contact Information
Distant Testing Specialist
P - 303.352.3087
F - 303.556.8027
What is the GED?
The General Educational Development (GED) test is a battery of examinations administered by states and jurisdictions to measure the skills and knowledge similar to a high school course of study.
- GED graduates earn a GED credential
- Test preparation can be found by visiting the Foundational Skills Institute at CCD
- Visit the official GED website for more information.
- Study Resources (The link provides direct access to online study materials and resources. Community College of Denver is not responsible for the accuracy or content of information contained on this site.
Format & Time of the GED
- Computer based
- Consists for four modules with a variety of question types:
- Science - 90 Minutes
- Social Studies - 90 Minutes
- Mathematical Reasoning - 115 Minutes
- Reasoning through Language Arts - 150 Minutes
How to Schedule
To register visit: www.GEDcomputer.com or call GED Testing Service Registration Call Center at 877.392.6433 Monday-Friday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm CST. The Testing Center does not schedule appointments for the GED.
A valid government-issued ID is required. Candidates under 16, wishing to test, must complete an age waiver prior to testing.
Cost varies depending on state and Testing Center. Testing fee is paid at time of registration. To find out specific costs, visit the GED website.
Test results are available within 24 hours after completion.
You may retake the exam three time per year. The same fees apply when retaking the test.