Financial Aid & Scholarship Instructions
We have several options to help you pay for college, including state financial aid and scholarships for ASSET students and CCD scholarships for DACA and Undocumented students. You will not be eligible for federal financial aid.
House Bill 19-1196, passed in May 2019, allows Colorado ASSET (Advancing Students for a Stronger Tomorrow) students to qualify for money to help pay for college. State aid, including grants, scholarships and work-study funds, will help open the door to higher education for students who have attended high school in Colorado but who are not eligible for federal financial aid.
To qualify for the financial aid, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be in good academic standing
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the Income Information Form
- Be a Colorado resident
- Be enrolled for at least three years at a public/private Colorado high school immediately preceding graduation, or earning a GED.
- Be admitted to a Colorado institution of higher education within 12 months of graduating from a Colorado high school or earning a GED.
- If you graduated from high school or completed a GED before September 1, 2013, but did not get accepted into a Colorado institution of higher education within 12 months, you must provide proof of being physically present in Colorado on a continuous basis for at least 18 months prior to the start of the semester.
- Complete an affidavit with the College Opportunity Fund indicating that you have applied for "lawful presence" or will apply as soon as you are eligible to do so.
Are You Eligible?
Completing these steps will allow ASSET/DACA/Undocumented students to be considered for a CCD scholarship.
- Complete the Income Information Form.
- If you need assisting with your Income Information Form, please attend the Scholarship Walk-In Hours.
- Register for at least six (6) credit hours.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Complete the CCD scholarship application with a 400- to 600-word essay and submit high school transcripts or GED scores if applicable,
Please contact our office at 303.356.5503.