Business Chinese | Non-Credit 10-Week Class
No previous Chinese language experience required. Just a desire to learn about the culture and basic communication skills for Chinese business.
Learn more and complete the registration form below! Registration closes April 26, 2019.
Please contact Jane Lim, director of CICCD
Instructor | Fan Jiang
- Basic Chinese knowledge and skills that is applicable to your commercial activities;
- Communicative ability appropriate to the Chinese environment. You'll be able to understand the essentials of Chinese economic circumstances and rules for business performance, including trade, investment, cooperation and management of enterprises; and
- Competence for cross-cultural communication in the context of economic and cooperative interchange — a wide range of knowledge of business customs and rules in addition to the background information of Chinese culture.
- The textbook contains 8 units, 498 words, 69 sentence patterns; every unit includes four parts: dialogues, reading passages, vocabulary and patterns, exercises and activities. We will select the proper words and patterns that suit the beginning level of Chinese for the students. By completing this course, students may attain an elementary level of Chinese or higher.
It is appropriate to design the teaching of business Chinese in three-in-one training pattern that combines the language as a carrier with commercial activities and cross-cultural knowledge. Such skills to be used in language communication may be provided at four levels in ascending order:
- Ability to use appropriate expressions on the polite social occasion of reception, greeting, introduction, apology and congratulation).
- Ability to use appropriate expressions for shopping, traveling, bus riding, telephoning and appointment making.
- Ability to use appropriate expressions for commercial activities such as giving a brief account of a company or product, getting or giving a quotation, comment or statement.
- Ability to use appropriate expressions in consulting, negotiating, bargaining, writing or revising a plan, discussing a way to cooperate, making a comment on a subject in addition to analyzing and sorting out problems.
Required Course Materials
Cherry Creek Building, Room 227A
1111 West Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80204
Wednesdays | 6 - 7:30 p.m.
May 1st - July 3, 2019
The class is one, low payment of $150.00 and is due by April 26, 2019.
Paying with Check
Make check payable to Community College of Denver
Mail to: Confucius Institute at Community College of Denver, P.O. Box 173363, Campus Box 850, Denver, CO 80204-3363
Paying with Credit Card
To pay with credit card, please call CCD's Cashier's Office at 303.352.6025 (please reference “Confucius Institute Class”)