Apply to the Computed Tomography Certification Program
Steps to a Successful Enrollment
The following information describes steps to enrollment and includes forms you will need to print, complete, and submit to be accepted into the CT certificate program. Please email Teri Huggins with any questions.
Application Deadlines - Applications for the summer semester will be accepted between March 1-31, 2019. Applications for fall semester will be accepted June 1-30, 2019. Only complete packets turned in during this timeframe will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
General Information to Know Before You Apply
Program Admission Requirements
- Potential students must show evidence of acute care experience within the last (3) three years.
- Enroll as a CCD student. Admission to CCD does not guarantee placement in the CT certificate program.
- Candidates must pass a 10-year background check and drug screen when instructed by the program coordinator. Enrollment in the courses is restricted by the coordinator.
- You must hold current certification in radiography, radiation therapy, or nuclear medicine by the ARRT or NMTCB.
- You must have a minimum of one year of experience in direct patient care. This does not include prior radiography program clinical internship time.
- Complete the admissions packet. Incomplete packets will not be accepted. The admission packet includes CT program application, current resume, current ARRT card, current CPR (BLS for Healthcare Providers) American Heart Association, immunization paperwork, including PPD, MMR, Hepatitis B series, Varicella or titer, Tetanus/Diptheria Toxoid/TDaP within 10 years, annual flu shot.
- The completed application packet is due a minimum of four weeks prior to the first day of the semester (verified by postmark).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Do not send or take any of the forms to Admissions, Recruitment & Outreach. Please send packets to Health Sciences at Lowry, Attn: CT program, 1070 Alton Way, Denver, CO 80230
Step 1. Enroll in CCD
If you haven’t done so yet, you must be a current CCD student to enroll in this program. The CCD application is free.
Admission to the College does not guarantee admission to the CT program. Admission to the CT program is dependent upon clinical site availability and fulfillment of the other program admission requirements.
Step 2. Submit the Appropriate Paperwork
Applicants are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Incomplete or late packets will not be considered for admission. Please keep your own copies of all documentation submitted.
The following items must be included in the application packets. Please contact our office with any questions or concerns.
- CT Program Application
- CT Program Questionnaire
- Emergency Contact Information Form
- Confidentiality/HIPAA Education Recognition Form
- Copy of a Current Resume
- Copy of a Current ARRT Card
- Copy of a Current CPR Card (CPR must be the BLS Healthcare Provider by the American Heart Association)
- Evidence of current respiratory fit test (register and pay for this training if you do not have a current mask fit card)
- Medical (Health) Insurance Card
- Immigration Paperwork (If not a U.S. citizen you must be a legal immigrant)
- Radiation Monitoring Badge Form
- Immunization Record Notification
- Health and Immunization Form
Step 3. Complete a Background Check (BGC) and Drug Screen
- Please do not begin the BGC and drug screen process until instructed to do so by the program coordinator.
- Regardless of a previous employment background check (BGC) and drug screen, a new one must be initiated through Castle Branch.
- There is a non-refundable fee of $63.00.
- Once accepted into the program, you must submit a receipt for the background check and drug-screening process.
Read, sign, and print the CCD Informed Consent for Background Check and include it in your application packet.