The Foundational Skills Institute (formerly GED Institute) at CCD offers classes to help you prepare to take the General Education Development (GED) test. We’re here to help you improve your scores and speed up your success!
- We offer classes to fit your schedule: in the mornings, afternoons or evenings.
- Our classes are offered on our downtown Auraria Campus or through the GED in the Neighborhood locations.
- You will work to gain skills in the five GED subject areas: writing, science, social studies, reading, and math. Most students choose to work on 1 or 2 subjects at one time. (For example: Reading and Math)
- Classes meet two times a week, for a total of 6 hours per week.
- Our teachers give individual, small group, and whole class instruction.
- In order to make sufficient progress, homework is required.
If you have any questions, or want to sign up, call today! 303.556.3805
In order to be accepted into the Foundational Skills Institute (formerly GED Institute), students need to follow these steps:
- Take the Reading and Math diagnostic tests. Call 303-556-3805 for dates and times.
- Attend orientation: Paperwork will be completed, classes will be assigned, and tips for success will be discussed. A $40 class fee is due at orientation. This is the only charge for classes and books. Sorry, no financial aid is available.
- Attend classes, study hard, and pass the GED tests.
For students who wish to transition to CCD, teachers connect students with the wide variety of college resources.
Please note: being accepted into the Foundational Skills Institute (formerly GED Institute) does not qualify an individual as a CCD student. A Student ID is not issued for GED Institute students; therefore, bus passes are not available until a student has earned a GED, completes a CCD application, and registers for college classes.
When skills have been gained and the official practice tests have been passed, the Official GED Tests are taken on an individual basis, at student expense.
- There is a charge of $125 for the bundle of 5 official GED tests; $25 for individual GED tests.
- Computer-based testing is available in the CCD Testing Center on the Auraria campus in South Classroom 223. Registration and payment are completed online at: www.GEDcomputer.com
- Paper-based testing is available at the Quigg Newton Community Center at 4440 Navajo Street. Call 720-273-1654 to schedule your tests. More Information about the paper-based test please visit: GED Testing Information
SPECIAL NOTE: It is especially important to attend classes regularly and make progress because a new GED test is coming January, 2014. If you are in the middle of taking your tests, but have not yet passed all 5, all your previously earned scores will be discarded! When the new test begins, no one will be able to carry over any previous scores.
For more information contact the CCD Foundational Skills Institute (formerly GED Institute) at 303-556-3805