ASC Writing Center and OWL (Online Writing Lab)
The CCD Writing Center and OWL are here to guide you in learning and practicing all steps in the writing process as you learn about yourself as a writer and gain confidence in your growing ability to be an independent learner.
In the CCD Writing Center, you will
- Work with a professional tutor in planning, prewriting, drafting, and/or revising a paper.
- Participate in a One-to-One conference with a more experienced writing partner, hear a reader’s response to your writing, and learn writing by doing.
- Gain confidence in your growing ability to become an independent learner and writer.
The Writing Center computer lab has 37 PC’s for student use. They are available for you to
- type your papers or do internet research for any class.
- access your Desire to Learn and CCCS online classes.
- check your email, and surf the web (with some restrictions).
- learn to use Word Processing, email, or the internet with the help of our Lab Assistants.
Click here to learn more about the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at CCD.
For more information, contact Dawn Spelke at (303) 556-4705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASC Writing Center Hours
Monday - Thursday 9am - 6:30pm
Friday 10am - 2pm
Saturday 12pm - 4pm
COMING SOON, The Academic Support Center is moving!
The last day at our current location in South 142 will be Saturday, May 4th.
Starting on Monday, May 6th, 2013 the ASC will be open on the Fourth Floor in the new building on campus – Confluence, which is located on the corner of 7th and Curtis, just one block north of Colfax. Come on up to the new space to use the ASC centers for the last week of classes and enjoy the awesome views!