Steps to Enrollment Worksheet (PDF)
1. APPLY FOR ADMISSIONS AT: WWW.CCD.EDU
• You need to apply for admission to Community College of Denver if you are new to college, transferring from
another institution or returning to CCD after an absence of more than one year.
• Record your student identification number.
• Apply for the College Opportunity Fund (COF)on your admissions application.
• To transfer credit from any regionally accredited institution, provide official transcripts to Admissions, Registration & Records.
2. APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at: www.FAFSA.gov
• CCD’s school code is: 009542
• Every year, the priority deadline for the FAFSA is April 15.
• The financial aid process takes four to six weeks, so start early!
• Apply for CCD scholarships at www.ccd.edu/scholarships
3. ACTIVATE YOUR CCD EMAIL ACCOUNT
Your Student CCDConnect email account is the official means of communication between the you and college. Record your password in a secure location. At least once a week you should sign in to CCDConnect, the web portal for the college, to view your registration, financial aid status and check your email account.
4. MEET THE ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENT
In order to register for classes, all students, must meet assessment requirements in the areas of math, reading and English. You must do one of the following:
A. Take the placement test to assess your current academic skill level. Before you take the test you are strongly encouraged to complete an Accuplacer Workbook and to attend an Accuplacer Workshop. Completing the workbook may also exempt you from paying the $10 test fee. Bring your completed workbook to the Testing Center prior to testing.
B. Provide a copy of ACT or SAT scores (no more than five years old) with the following scores
||430 (Critical Reading)
||440 (Critical Reading)
C. Provide the Testing Center with an unofficial copy of college transcripts from a regionally accredited institution along with the Transcript Intake Form for review.
If you will need accommodations for your testing, due to a disability, please contact the Accessibility Center.
5. ATTEND NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
All new first-time students must attend orientation before receiving advising. A hold will be placed on your account until you have attended a session. Register at www.ccd.edu/NewStudentOrientation
6. GET ADVISING
A. If your test into college-level coursework, see the Academic Advising Center
B. If your assessment results show that you need to take two or more developmental courses, visit the:
Center for Educational Advancement
C. If you are interested in a Health Science program, you should meet with a program advisor at the:
Health Sciences Center at Lowry
If you will need accommodations to take your courses please contact the Accessibility Center
7. REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Register through CCDConnect at www.ccd.edu. Register early for best selection of classes and times.
8. COMPLETE THE PAYMENT PROCESS
• Pay your tuition and fees in full at least one week before classes start.
• Payment options are available.
• If you register for a course after the payment deadline, payment is due at the time you register.
• If you miss the payment deadline, you may be dropped from all classes and your original classes may no longer be available.
Activate your CCCS Refund Card to select your refund preferences.
• Immunization Records to Health Center
All students must provided proof of immunization against Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) to the:
Health Center at Auraria
• Purchase your Student ID and RTD Pass
Your CCD ID is $20 at the Student ID Center in the Tivoli. Bring your schedule and valid, government-issued photo ID.
• Get your Books and Supplies
Visit Student Life for more information.
Questions? Please contact the appropriate office for help:
Admissions, Registration & Records
303-556-2420 • Confluence 114
Academic Advising Center
303-556-2481 • Confluence 123
303-556-3300 • Confluence 121
303-556-2075 • Confluence 119
Center for Educational Advancement
303-556-8455 • Confluence 301
Center for Health Sciences at Lowry
303-365-8300 • Lowry Campus, Bldg. 849
Educational Opportunity Center
303-352-TRIO (8746) • Cherry Creek (SO) 137
One-on-one admissions and financial aid assistance, call for appointment.
303-556-5503 • Confluence 120
New Student Orientation
303-556-3788 • Confluence 115
Testing Center • 303-556-3810 • Confluence 216
www.ccd.edu/testing • Fax: 303-556-8027
303-556-2597 • Tivoli 309