Verifying Eligibility, Records and Requirements
- Major: Students must be accepted into a program of study (major) at the Community College of Denver before applying for graduation. Meet with your Program Advisor or go to Degree Check on CCDConnect to be sure you have been accepted into the correct program of study and that you are on track to graduate.
- Credits: Students must take at least 15 credit hours or 25% of program at CCD to receive a diploma for any degree or certificate program from this institution. The minimum credit requirement for a degree is 60 hours. Certificate requirements vary.
- GPA: Students must earn a grade of “C” or better in each course. Some programs require higher GPA standards; check the catalog or academic center for details.
- Incompletes and Satisfactory Progress: Students with a grade of “I” or “SP” on their CCD record must have the department submit grade changes to Admissions, Registration, and Records no later than two weeks after the semester ends.
- Verify Name: The name on your diploma will be printed with the current name on school records. If your name has changed, submit a Change of Information form with Admissions, Registration, and Records (Confluence 114).
- Transcript Evaluation: If you have credit from a previous school or institution that needs to be evaluated for your program, make sure Admissions, Registration, and Records (Confluence 114) has received your official transcripts and Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form by the time you submit your Graduation Application. Applicable credits must be transferred in order to be eligible to graduate.
- Credit for Prior Learning: Students applying for Credit for Prior Learning must have all paperwork completed with the Academic Advising Center (Confluence 123).
- Additional requirements: Specific programs may have additional requirements - check the catalog for your specific program of study.
Applying for Graduation
- Download or pick up a Graduation Application from Admissions, Registration, and Records (Confluence 114). Each Degree/Certificate requires a separate Graduation Application.
- Fill out a Graduation Department Chair Review form if applying for graduation with an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree or Certificate. Graduation Applications missing this form will be denied.
- Submit the Graduation Application and Graduation Department Chair Review forms (if applicable) to Admissions, Registration, and Records by the published deadline:
Fall – September 10 Spring – February 10 Summer – June 10
Please Note: If the published deadline occurs on a weekend applications will be accepted until the following business day.
Receiving Your Diploma and Final Transcript
- Diplomas are mailed to graduates following the confirmation and printing of their degree.
- Mailing occurs approximately 8 weeks after the end of the semester. Your diploma/certificate will be mailed to your current address in CCDConnect – please be sure it is kept up-to-date.
- All financial obligations to the college must be cleared before a diploma, certificate or transcript will be released.
- Duplicate Diplomas may be requested for $25 each.
- Before requesting a final official transcript at the end of the semester, confirm that your degree/certificate has been posted by viewing your unofficial transcript on CCDConnect.
If your Graduation Application is disapproved, you must reapply during the semester you plan to graduate.
Graduation applications for each semester must be received by Admissions, Registration, and Records by published deadlines. These are:
Fall 2013 . . . . . . . . . . September 10, 2013
Spring 2014 . . . . . . . . February 10, 2014
Summer 2014 . . . . . . June 10, 2014
Commencement Ceremony Information