Foundational Skills Institute
Finish Your GED!
Attend classes to help you prepare for the high school equivalency exams like the GED through the Foundational Skills Institute (FSI). We will help you improve your scores and speed up your success. Plus, once you pass the high school equivalency exams and wish to attend college, we’ll help you make that step by providing application guidance.
- Classes on the Auraria Campus are designed to fit your schedule with courses available in the mornings, afternoons, or evenings.
- Classes meet two (2) times a week, for a total of five to six (5-6) hours per week.
- You will work to gain skills in the core subject areas: writing and reading, science, social studies, and math.
- Our teachers give individual, small-group, and whole-class instruction.
- In order to make sufficient progress, regular attendance is required and homework will be assigned.
Steps to Be Accepted* into the FSI
- Take the Reading and Math diagnostic tests. Call 303.556.3805 for dates and times.
- Attend orientation: Paperwork will be completed, classes will be assigned, and tips for success will be discussed. A $40 class fee is due at orientation. This is the only charge for classes and books. Sorry, no financial aid is available.
- Attend classes, study hard, and pass the high school equivalency exams.
*Please note: being accepted into the Foundational Skills Institute does not enroll you as a CCD student. A Student ID is not issued for Foundational Skills Institute students; therefore, bus passes are not available until a student registers for college classes.